Middle School Online Course Selection April 3-10
Haga clic aquí para ver la versión web de este mensaje con las opciones de Google Translate (esquina superior derecha) al español y otros idiomas.
Click here for the web version of this message with Google Translate options (upper right hand corner) to Spanish and other languages.
Dear Incoming 6th-8th Grade Students and Parents and Guardians,
This is a friendly reminder that 2019-2020 Middle School Online Course Selection opens in the Home Access Center (HAC) tomorrow, April 3rd, and closes on April 10th.
- HAC Login https://hac.coppellisd.com/
- To change a username or password, please enter a technology help desk ticket by visiting https://www.coppellisd.com/helpdesk and following the instructions.
As a reminder, some subjects will be preloaded into your course requests, and you will not be able to change these through the online request process. If you have put down something different on your course selection sheet than has been preloaded online, please highlight it on the sheet as you turn it into your counselor. This way your counselor will know to update the preloaded selections.
Any updates or revisions to course requests made by counseling staff will be visible on the “Scheduling” screen in HAC under “Next Year Requests” until April 26th. Gifted and Talented (GT) course selections will be updated based on pre-qualification for specific course content areas.
Please note, the school shown for 2019-2020 in your HAC account will be the school for which you are zoned to for the 2019-2020 school year, unless you filled out a transfer request form and met the “grandfathering” or IB or Dual Language Immersion/Advanced Spanish Learner transfer criteria (see details below). It is not necessary to inform your school counselor that you plan to attend the school for which you are zoned to next year, if it is a different school than this year, as they will have this information automatically from the district.
Transfer Requests and Middle School Registration
- If you meet “grandfathering” transfer criteria of being a rising 8th grader (current 7th grader) or a middle school sibling of a rising 8th grader (current 7th grader) and turned in a transfer request form, your HAC account will automatically show your requested middle school and its course options for your middle school registration.
- If you are a Pinkerton IB student or Dual Language Immersion (DLI) student and turned in a transfer request form to remain with your school’s cohort, your HAC account will automatically show your requested middle school and its course options for your middle school registration.
- For all others who requested transfers, your HAC account will show the middle school course options for the school you are zoned to for the 2019-2020 school year. As a reminder, you will be notified about the status of your transfer request no later than April 30, 2019. All middle schools are using the same course request form as part of the 2019-2020 registration process, and these course selections will be updated as the transfer notification process is complete.
Remember, middle school schedules will not be finalized until summer and then will be shared with students and parents in early August at each middle school’s respective “Schedule Pick Up” day.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we undergo the Middle School Online Course Selection process in conjunction with Boundary Realignment Transfer Requests. If you have any questions, please contact your school counselor. Their contact information is available via each middle school’s website or below.
Coppell Middle School Counseling Team
Coppell Middle School East
Coppell Middle School North
Coppell Middle School West