Bus Routes Posted Online and Bus Riding Tips
Dear Coppell ISD Bus Riding Families,
We want to reach out to you to share important information about Bus Transportation in CISD for the 2019-2020 school year. Our bus routes have been posted at www.coppellisd.com/busroutes. Please note the routes for our special needs students are not publicized, as families who have children with special needs transportation are called personally with information on their children’s bus routes. Afternoon routes are the morning routes in reverse.
Durham Bus Services is our transportation provider. Buses will run as close as possible to the published schedule. However, the first several weeks of a school year are a period of adjustment. Routes will not run early, but may occasionally run late, until adjustments are made. We ask in advance for your patience as we work through any potential transportation issues.
We have also provided these tips to help with bus riding for 2019-2020:
- Each route has designated stops. These are the only stops where students will be allowed to board the bus.
- Students are expected to ride their designated bus to and from school.
- Students should be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time of pick up.
- We highly encourage all families of bus riders to download the Durham Bus Tracker App, available at www.coppellisd.com/Page/15154 and enable notifications so you can receive alerts when buses are running late.
- Students should always have their bus pass with them in order to ride the bus.
- Durham runs a three-tier system for most routes, meaning our routes drop off elementary school, then go back for middle school routes and drops off at middle schools, and finally goes back for high school and drops off at the high schools. This three-tier system means that any delay from an elementary school route may trickle down to the middle or high schools. The bus always will come, so please wait. The bus app should notify if a bus route is running late.
- Due to the tier system, afternoon routes may pick up from middle and high schools several minutes after dismissal, and may not be there immediately after the school day ends. The bus will always come and staff will remain at the schools until each bus rider is successfully on their way home.
- If you do not know where your bus is, you can call 214-496-8078 or 972-304-8012. This number is the direct phone line for the school bus dispatch office. If you can not get through on the first time, please keep trying.
- Many of our high school students begin their day at one high school and end it at another district high school such as New Tech High @ Coppell, CHS9 or Coppell High School. These students will take the bus home from the high school at which they end their day.
We thank you in advance for your patience with bus service at the beginning of the school year.