CISD Extends Closure to May 4, 2020
March 31, 2020
Dear CISD Families,
Coppell ISD will follow Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order announced in a press conference today, March 31, 2020, and is extending our school closure until Monday, May 4, 2020. CISD Distance Learning will continue through this closure. We assure you that we are here for our students and families during this closure. Now, more than ever, we want to continue to engage with our students and families through our established communication channels. Please continue to reach out to your child’s teacher(s) and campus administrators with your questions, comments or concerns.
In addition to online learning, the district will continue to distribute meals Mondays through Thursdays, with two meals delivered on Thursdays, during this closure. All district and school events also are cancelled until May 4, 2020.
As Gov. Abbott said today, “Now is not the time for us to let up in these distancing efforts. Now is the time to redouble our efforts to make sure we do more to stop the spread of COVID-19.”
As of today, Texas has 3,266 cases in 122 counties. The US now has more than double the number of COVID-19 cases as China and leads all other countries with 163,539 cases. Health officials here are projecting the state’s COVID-19 cases to peak around May 1, 2020.
We also want to share these additional updates with our community:
- For any issues with your devices or technology, please submit a Helpdesk ticket at www.coppellisd.com/helpdesk. CISD’s Technology Department is providing virtual support Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. On-site, drive-through support at our Service Center is available via appointment only through a Helpdesk ticket on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Friday, April 10, and Monday, April 13 are now regular school days/distance learning days. They are no longer a Bad Weather Day or Professional Development Day.
- CISD’s Special Education Department and Intervention Services Department would like to share a video and letter with parents of learners who received special education or 504 services during the closure. These are available at go.coppellisd.com/InterventionServicesMessage.
- The Credit By Exam (CBE) registration process is now online. The dates to register remain April 9, 2020, through noon on April 22, 2020. At this time, CBE testing is scheduled to take place at Coppell Middle School West on June 2 and June 3, 2020. Visit www.coppellisd.com/assessment for more information. For CBE questions, please contact Debbie Youngs at email@example.com or Susie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kindergarten registration is now underway at go.coppellisd.com/Kindergarten20-21. Please share this information with families who may be new to CISD.
- Transfer applications are available online at www.coppellisd.com/transfer. Please email all documents and the application to email@example.com, or you can mail the documentation and application to Coppell ISD c/s Transfers 200 S. Denton Tap Rd. Coppell, TX 75019. Please know that the deadline is still April 24, and this is not a first come, first served process, as all applications are evaluated equally and not by the order of submission.
Thank you for your continued grace, patience and support during this time.