CISD Closure Update April 13, 2020
Dear CISD Families,
As we enter our fourth week of CISD Distance Learning, we continue in our commitment to frequently communicate with our families. We have a few updates to share in this brief message. Please continue to check www.coppellisd.com/coronavirus for updates, including a link to our Parent FAQ document. We also encourage you to reach out directly to your child(ren)’s teacher(s) with your concerns. You also may email email@example.com if you need direction on where to to ask your questions.
Here are CISD’s reminders and updates:
- We continue to see improvement in our distance learning via Schoology. To check the app’s status, visit status.schoology.com to see the site’s function status. You also can access the site through the web at schoology.coppellisd.com (no www before the link) if the app isn’t working. For any issues with your device that aren’t Schoology related, please submit a Helpdesk ticket at www.coppellisd.com/helpdesk.
- If you are or know someone who is experiencing issues with remote learning and need alternative resources, then please contact your child(ren)’s teacher(s) or campus principal.
- Technology support is provided remotely Mondays through Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday’s from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. On-site, drive through support is available via a Helpdesk ticket appointment on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year is underway. To register for kindergarten, visit go.coppellisd.com/Kindergarten20-21. Current Pre-Kindergarten and Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) students do not have to register separately for Kindergarten. They will re-enroll for 2020-2021 and attend Kindergarten at their zoned campus for 2020-2021.
- For returning student enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year, an email will be sent to parents/guardians with instructions and a link with a secure “snapcode” on or after Wednesday, April 15, 2020. This is a new date for this year, as previously these emails were sent in July.
- High School students and families, please visit go.coppellisd.com/APExamUpdate for important updates and action items for our learners signed up to take Advanced Placement (AP) exams this spring.
We also want to remind you of some of our CISD Family Spirit initiatives for elementary and secondary students this week. Thank you for your continued support of CISD during our closure.