CISD Closure Update April 15, 2020
Dear CISD Families,
We promise to continue to be there for our families throughout our closure by communicating with you consistently and living out our Core Values of Relationships, Engagement, Redefining Success and Great Teaching throughout Coppell ISD Distance Learning. We expect that Governor Greg Abbott will announce by Friday whether schools will continue the current closure until May 4 or extend it further. Once Gov. Abbot makes his announcement, we will communicate this decision to our community. We encourage you to reach out directly to your child(ren)’s teachers or your school’s administration with your questions, issues and concerns.
CISD continues to distribute meals Mondays through Thursdays, with two meals delivered on Thursdays, during this closure. We also encourage our families to stay at home and follow social distancing protocols, as advised by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
CISD also would like to share the following updates and reminders with our families:
- Returning student enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year: An email is being sent to parents/guardians from PowerSchool Registration with instructions and a link with a secure “snapcode” beginning today, Wednesday, April 15, 2020. This is a new date for this year, as previously these emails were sent in July.
- To register for kindergarten, visit go.coppellisd.com/Kindergarten20-21. Current Pre-Kindergarten and Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) students do not have to register separately for Kindergarten. They will re-enroll for 2020-2021 and attend Kindergarten at their zoned campus for 2020-2021.
- Information about Pre-K enrollment, including details about qualifications, can be found at www.coppellisd.com/prek. Though testing dates for 2020-2021 have not yet been determined, those interested can fill out the form available on that site.
- Lunch account update: Those with balances in their school lunch accounts, these funds will hold over to the 2020-2021 school year. For those graduating or leaving the district and want to request a refund, the CISD Child Nutrition Department will begin processing refund requests after the last scheduled school day of this school year, which is May 21, 2020.
- Dual Credit update: The Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD) will move all Maymester, Summer I and Summer II courses online. These classes will be offered exclusively through eCampus. Summer I courses begin Thursday, June 4, and Summer II courses start Monday, July 6. Please visit go.coppellisd.com/DCCCDMaySummer for details.
- High School students and families, please visit go.coppellisd.com/APExamUpdate for important updates and action items for our learners signed up to take Advanced Placement (AP) exams this spring.
- The College Board announced today that it is not administering the SAT® and SAT Subject Tests™ as planned on June 6, 2020. Visit https://pages.collegeboard.org/sat-covid-19-updates for details.
Thank you for your continued support of our district during this time. We are all in this #CISDAtHomeTogether.