- Coppell Independent School District
CISD Closure Update April 20, 2020
Dear CISD Families,
As part of our commitment to consistent communication with our community, we want to share this update with you. Governor Greg Abbott announced Friday that schools will remain closed through the end of the school year, which for CISD is Thursday, May 21. CISD will continue to provide distance learning through our last day of school. We also will provide meals to our families on Mondays through Thursdays until May 21. See menus and locations at go.coppellisd.com/ClosureMeals.
Please continue to check our website at www.coppellisd.com/coronavirus for updates, including a FAQ for Parents that is updated frequently. We also encourage you to reach out to your child(ren)’s teacher(s) and school administrators with your individual questions and concerns. Also, if your family needs any additional support or resources at this time, please contact your school counselor.
CISD also would like to share the following updates and reminders with our families:
- A video message from Superintendent Dr. Brad Hunt is available at go.coppellisd.com/HuntApril17Video.
- Join CISD Board of Trustees President Thom Hulme and Superintendent Dr. Brad Hunt for a Facebook Live to answer questions from our community on Thursday, April 23, at 7 p.m. at www.facebook.com/coppellisd.
- The University Interscholastic League is canceling all its remaining 2019-2020 spring activities and state championships.
- Reminder, you can check status.schoology.com to see the site’s function status. You also can access the site through the web at schoology.coppellisd.com (no www before the link) if the app isn’t working. For any issues with your device that aren’t Schoology related, please submit a Helpdesk ticket at www.coppellisd.com/helpdesk. Technology support is provided remotely Mondays through Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday’s from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. On-site, drive through support is available via a Helpdesk ticket appointment on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- The district will hold virtual graduation ceremonies for Coppell High School and New Tech High @ Coppell. CISD officials are working on additional recognitions for the Class of 2020 and will share these with our community soon.
- Schools will be in touch with families soon about how you can get any items left at school, pick up your yearbooks and any other end-of-the-school-year questions.
- Lunch account update: Those with balances in their school lunch accounts, these funds will hold over to the 2020-2021 school year. For those graduating or leaving the district and want to request a refund, the CISD Child Nutrition Department will begin processing refund requests after the last scheduled school day of this school year, which is May 21, 2020.
- Returning student enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year: Parents or guardians should have received by now an email from PowerSchool Registration with instructions and a link with a secure “snapcode” to re-enroll for the 2020-2021 school year. This is a new date for this year, as previously these emails were sent in July.
- To register for kindergarten, visit go.coppellisd.com/Kindergarten20-21. Current Pre-Kindergarten and Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) students do not have to register separately for Kindergarten. They will re-enroll for 2020-2021 and attend Kindergarten at their zoned campus for 2020-2021.
- Information about Pre-K enrollment, including details about qualifications, can be found at www.coppellisd.com/prek. Though testing dates for 2020-2021 have not yet been determined, those interested can fill out the form available on that site.
- Transfer applications are due Friday, April 24, 2020, and are available online at www.coppellisd.com/transfer. Please email all documents and the application to email@example.com, or you can mail the documentation and application to Coppell ISD c/s Transfers 200 S. Denton Tap Rd. Coppell, TX 75019. Please know this is not a first come, first served process, as all applications are evaluated equally and not by the order of submission.
We also want to remind you of some of our CISD Random Acts of Kindness initiatives for this week. Thank you for your continued support of CISD during our closure. We are all in this #CISDTogetherAtHome.