CISD Closure Update April 27, 2020
Dear CISD Families,
As we head into our sixth week of CISD Distance Learning, we want to share a brief update with you. This week we are celebrating Coppell ISD’s 60th Birthday with a variety of online activities culminating in a Virtual Birthday Bash on Friday, May 1. Please visit www.coppellisd.com/BdayBash for a list of activities and offers from local restaurants to enjoy at home Friday evening, as we celebrate our birthday at home together.
This week is also Child Nutrition Week with Thursday, April 30, designated as School Lunch Hero Day. Our Child Nutrition staff truly have been lunch heroes since our district’s closure, serving free sack lunches to CISD children Mondays throughThursdays, with the addition of breakfasts starting this week. These dedicated workers show that some Superheroes wear hairnets (and masks and gloves), as they have handed out more than 10,000 meals during the district’s closure. You can find more information at go.coppellisd.com/ClosureMeals.
We encourage you to continue to reach out to your child(ren)’s teacher(s) and school administrators with your individual questions and concerns. Also, if you have further needs concerning food or other assistance, please contact your school counselor.
CISD also would like to share the following updates and reminders with our families:
- CISD will host its Regular Board Meeting virtually TODAY (Monday, April 27) at 5 p.m. You can view the agenda at go.coppellisd.com/BoardAgenda and watch the meeting live at go.coppellisd.com/BoardMeetingLiveVideo. To speak during Open Forum at the meeting, visit go.coppellisd.com/April27OpenForumCard to complete a request card between 4 and 4:30 p.m.
- Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year is underway. Parents and guardians of returning students should have already received an email from PowerSchool with a “snapcode.” If you did not receive this email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reminder, your school in PowerSchool will show as your zoned campus, as transfer application decisions will be shared by May 22, 2020.
- Kindergarten registration for 2020-2021 is now underway at go.coppellisd.com/Kindergarten20-21. Information about Pre-K enrollment, including details about qualifications, can be found at www.coppellisd.com/prek. Though testing dates for 2020-2021 have not yet been determined, those interested can fill out the form available on that site.
- If your child is graduating or not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please complete the form available at go.coppellisd.com/2020LunchBalanceForm to request a refund, donate your balance or transfer it to a sibling or friend. If your child is returning, your lunch balance will carry over to the next school year.
- Refunds for the Coppell High School Senior Prom are starting to be processed. Checks will be mailed to those that paid via cash or check. For those that paid via SchoolPay, the refund will be processed back to the credit card used for the payment. Families should expect refunds before May 8.
- Please be looking for a detailed plan from your child’s principal regarding the distribution of items to return to students, as well as the collection of any school property. This communication will be shared on Monday, May 4.
- In addition to the information shared from your child’s school counselor or administration, CISD has resources and tips about dealing with stress during this time at www.coppellisd.com/coronavirus.This link from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has some great suggestions on coping and stress www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
Thank you for your continued support of CISD during our closure. We are all in this #CISDTogether.