- Coppell Independent School District
CISD Update May 4 — Teacher Appreciation Week & Free WiFi Access Points
Dear CISD Families,
Coppell ISD is celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week May 4 to May 8. Please join us in recognizing the great teaching exhibited by our educators each day and especially during CISD Distance Learning. In addition to our school celebrations, CISD has some suggestions on how to honor your child’s teachers virtually. Our teachers are working so hard during our closure, and they miss seeing their students in person. We recognize and appreciate their hard work and thank our families for supporting our educational efforts during these times. We also want to give a special thank you to our parents and guardians, who are serving as honorary teachers to assist in our children’s learning during our closure. We appreciate you!
Last week, we announced that CISD has equipped seven school buses with WiFi to provide free connection opportunities in our community for those who may not have access to WiFi or need enhanced connectivity to upload assignments to Schoology. These mobile hotspots began today (May 4). For locations and times, visit go.coppellisd.com/BusWifiLocations. Adult supervision is not provided by the district, so students must be supervised by a parent or guardian at these locations.
We also encourage you to share your feedback with us via our Spring Family Survey at go.coppellisd.com/Spring20FamilySurvey. The information collected will be compared to our Fall Family Survey and will be used as part of our Community Based Accountability System reports to be shared in the fall.
The district also would like to share these additional updates with our families:
- The graduation ceremonies for both Coppell High School and New Tech High @ Coppell have moved online. The dates of these ceremonies will remain the same — Friday, May 22, for New Tech and Thursday, May 28, for CHS. We are also working with the City of Coppell to have parades in conjunction with each ceremony, which follow Dallas County’s and City’s social distancing guidelines. Additionally, we are looking for a date to hold an in-person graduation at a new venue. Information will be shared with our seniors and their families once it is available.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Exams are May 11 to May 22. CISD has created a resource reminder page for students taking AP exams, which is available at go.coppellisd.com/APUpdateMay4.
- If your child is graduating or not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please visit go.coppellisd.com/2020LunchBalanceForm to request a refund, donate your balance or transfer it to a sibling or friend. If your child is returning, your lunch balance will carry over to the next school year.
- Please be on the lookout this week for a detailed plan from your child’s principal regarding the distribution of items to return to students, as well as the collection of any school property. Many of our school’s yearbook publication dates have been postponed to later this summer, which also will be shared by each school individually.
- Kindergarten registration for 2020-2021 is now underway at go.coppellisd.com/Kindergarten20-21. Information about Pre-K enrollment, including details about qualifications, can be found at www.coppellisd.com/prek. Though testing dates for 2020-2021 have not yet been determined, those interested in Pre-K at CISD can fill out the form available on that site.
Thank you for your continued support of CISD.