CISD Closure Update May 6, 2020
Dear CISD Families,
In light of Texas Education Agency Commissioner Mike Morath issuing the TEA Guidance for Graduation and End-of-Year Promotion Ceremonies yesterday (May 5), Coppell ISD will announce additional graduation plans and other special recognitions later this week.
Today, May 6, is National School Nurse Day, and we at Coppell ISD are so grateful for these medical professionals and all they do to ensure our students are safe and healthy.
The district also would like to share these additional updates with our families:
- Please be on the lookout this week for a detailed plan from your child’s principal regarding the distribution of items to return to students, as well as the collection of any school property. Many of our school’s yearbook publication dates have been postponed to later this summer, which also will be shared by each school individually.
- CISD elementary, middle and high school students returning to the district in the fall will keep their iPads at home with them this summer and do not need to return their district-issued device. If your child is not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please follow your school’s directives to turn in your child’s iPad.
- Students taking AP Exams have been advised to have the AP Test Day Preparation Form Available to them as they long on to their exams 30 minutes before start time. The form is available at go.coppellisd.com/APExamDayCheckList. If you do not have access to a printer at home, these forms are available in an envelope outside the front entries at Coppell High School, CHS9, New Tech High @ Coppell and the CISD Administration Building. Please wear a mask and follow all social distancing guidelines if you go to these locations to pick up forms. If all printed forms at a location are missing, please contact email@example.com.
- CISD has equipped seven school buses with WiFi to provide free connection opportunities in our community for those who may not have access to WiFi or need enhanced connectivity to upload assignments to Schoology. For locations and times, visit go.coppellisd.com/BusWifiLocations. Adult supervision is not provided by the district, so students must be supervised by a parent or guardian at these locations.
- We encourage parents and guardians to share feedback with us via our Spring Family Survey at go.coppellisd.com/Spring20FamilySurvey. The information collected will be compared to our Fall Family Survey and will be used as part of our Community Based Accountability System reports to be shared in the fall.
- If your child is graduating or not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please visit go.coppellisd.com/2020LunchBalanceForm to request a refund, donate your balance or transfer it to a sibling or friend. If your child is returning, your lunch balance will carry over to the next school year.
- Kindergarten registration for 2020-2021 is now underway at go.coppellisd.com/Kindergarten20-21. Information about Pre-K enrollment, including details about qualifications, can be found at www.coppellisd.com/prek. Though testing dates for 2020-2021 have not yet been determined, those interested in Pre-K at CISD can fill out the form available on that site.
Thank you for your continued support of CISD.