CISD Closure Update May 11, 2020
Dear CISD Families,
As Coppell ISD heads into our last two weeks of school, we remain committed to keeping our community informed and engaged through these updates. As a reminder, we will provide CISD Distance Learning through our last day of school, which is Thursday, May 21. We also will provide meals to our students through lunch on May 21, and menus can be found at go.coppellisd.com/ClosureMeals.
Summer school at CISD will be held virtually this year. It is only for those students who qualify based on state guidelines for required summer school participation and are invited to attend.
CISD also will provide all students with some options for fun choice boards and recommendations for online learning resources as ways to continue supporting academic and social emotional growth throughout the summer. More will come on these choice activities during the week of June 1.
Schools principals have been sharing messages to parents and guardians regarding the distribution of items to return to students, as well as the collection of any school property.
Also, CISD will hold in-person graduations for our Senior Class of 2020, in addition to our previously announced virtual ceremonies on May 22 and May 28. We understand that our seniors and their families are anxious to hear our plans, and we will share details about our in-person graduation this week.
The district also would like to share these additional updates with our families:
- CISD will host a Board Workshop virtually on Monday, May 11, at 5 p.m. You can view the agenda at go.coppellisd.com/BoardAgenda and watch the meeting live at go.coppellisd.com/BoardMeetingLiveVideo. To speak during Open Forum at the meeting, visit go.coppellisd.com/May11OpenForumCard to complete a request card.
- CISD elementary, middle and high school students returning to the district in the fall will keep their iPads at home with them this summer and do not need to return their district-issued device. If your child is not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please follow your school’s directives to turn in your child’s iPad to the CISD Service Center. (Please contact your campus or the technology department for specific days/times.)
- If your child is graduating or not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please visit go.coppellisd.com/2020LunchBalanceForm to request a refund, donate your balance or transfer it to a sibling or friend. If your child is returning, your lunch balance will carry over to the next school year.
- Students taking AP Exams have been advised to have the AP Test Day Preparation Form Available to them as they long on to their exams 30 minutes before start time. The form is available at go.coppellisd.com/APExamDayCheckList. If you do not have access to a printer at home, these forms are available in an envelope outside the front entries at Coppell High School, CHS9, New Tech High @ Coppell and the CISD Administration Building. Please wear a mask and follow all social distancing guidelines if you go to these locations to pick up forms. If all printed forms at a location are missing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CISD has equipped seven school buses with WiFi to provide free connection opportunities in our community for those who may not have access to WiFi or need enhanced connectivity to upload assignments to Schoology. For locations and times, visit go.coppellisd.com/BusWifiLocations. Adult supervision is not provided by the district, so students must be supervised by a parent or guardian at these locations.
- We encourage parents and guardians to share feedback with us via our Spring Family Survey at go.coppellisd.com/Spring20FamilySurvey by 5 p.m., Friday, May 15. The information collected will be compared to our Fall Family Survey and will be used as part of our Community Based Accountability System reports to be shared in the fall.
- Kindergarten registration for 2020-2021 is now underway at go.coppellisd.com/Kindergarten20-21. Information about Pre-K enrollment, including details about qualifications, can be found at www.coppellisd.com/prek. Though testing dates for 2020-2021 have not yet been determined, those interested in Pre-K at CISD can fill out the form available on that site.