CISD Closure Update May 13, 2020
Dear CISD Families,
Yesterday, we shared an announcement with our seniors and their families for our plans to host an optional in-person graduation ceremony to go along with our previously announced virtual ceremonies. This in-person ceremony will take place on Sunday, May 31, at the new Globe Life Field (Texas Rangers Baseball Stadium) in Arlington. The number of guests will be limited and focused on our senior graduates and their immediate family. These ceremonies are not open to the public, but we will be live streaming the events. Specific details will be shared with our seniors and their families soon.
Our virtual ceremonies are May 22, at 5 p.m. for New Tech High @ Coppell and May 28, at 1 p.m. for Coppell High School. These ceremonies will be broadcast on CISD’s YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/user/coppellisd, and you can find more details at www.coppellisd.com/graduation. We are glad that we will be able to celebrate this special time in our seniors lives together, while following the protocols issued by the Texas Education Agency last week.
We would also like to remind our parents and guardians about the CISD Spring Family Survey at go.coppellisd.com/Spring20FamilySurvey. We encourage our families to share feedback with us by the deadline, which is 5 p.m., Friday, May 15. The information collected will be compared to our Fall Family Survey and will be used as part of the CISD Community Based Accountability System reports to be shared in the fall.
The district would also like to share the following reminders with our community:
- Summer school at CISD will be held virtually this year. It is only for those students who qualify based on state guidelines for required summer school participation and are invited to attend.
- CISD also will provide all students with some options for fun choice boards and recommendations for online learning resources as ways to continue supporting academic and social emotional growth throughout the summer. More will come on these choice activities during the week of June 1.
- Schools principals have been sharing messages to parents and guardians regarding the distribution of items to return to students, as well as the collection of any school property.
- CISD elementary, middle and high school students returning to the district in the fall will keep their iPads at home with them this summer and do not need to return their district-issued device. If your child is not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please follow your school’s directives to turn in your child’s iPad to the CISD Service Center. (Please contact your campus or the technology department for specific days/times.)
- If your child is graduating or not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please visit go.coppellisd.com/2020LunchBalanceForm to request a refund, donate your balance or transfer it to a sibling or friend. If your child is returning, your lunch balance will carry over to the next school year.
Thank you for your continued support of CISD.