CISD Closure Update May 18, 2020 — Family Survey Deadline Extended
Dear CISD Families,
As we enter our last week of school, we understand our community is juggling finishing the school year, returning items back to campuses and other family commitments during this busy time. As such, we are extending the CISD Spring Family Survey, which is available at go.coppellisd.com/Spring20FamilySurvey, to 5 p.m. on the last day of school, Thursday, May 21. We at CISD truly value your input and feedback. Your answers will play a crucial role in our planning process, as the survey includes questions about CISD Distance Learning during the past nine weeks. The information collected will be compared to our Fall Family Survey and will be used as part of the CISD Community Based Accountability System reports to be shared in the fall. We strongly encourage you to participate and to fill out a survey for each school your child attends.
Our national award-winning Coppell High School student newspaper, The Sidekick ,has published its May e-edition at go.coppellisd.com/SidekickMay2020. This 16-page issue celebrates the senior Class of 2020, as the newspaper’s student staff produced this publication remotely. You can also find additional content from The Sidekick and the student television station KCBY online at www.coppellstudentmedia.com.
CISD would also like to share the following updates with our community:
- CISD will host its regular May Board Meeting virtually on Monday, May 18 at 5 p.m. You can view the agenda at go.coppellisd.com/BoardAgenda and watch the meeting live at go.coppellisd.com/BoardMeetingLiveVideo. To speak during Open Forum at the meeting, visit go.coppellisd.com/May18OpenForumCard to complete a request card to speak.
- Virtual high school graduation ceremonies begin this week on Friday, May 22, at 5 p.m. for New Tech High @ Coppell and Thursday, May 28, at 1 p.m. for Coppell High School. These ceremonies will be broadcast on CISD’s YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/user/coppellisd, and you can find more details at www.coppellisd.com/graduation. As a reminder, our optional, in-person ceremony on Sunday, May 31, at Globe Life Field is for our graduating seniors and their immediate family. All attendees must follow the designated guidelines, which will be shared at a later date. This event is not open to the public.
- Summer school and Extended School Year or ESY services at CISD will be virtual this year. These services are only for those students who qualify based on state guidelines for required summer school participation and are invited to attend.
- CISD also will provide all students with some options for fun choice boards and recommendations for online learning resources as ways to continue supporting academic and social emotional growth throughout the summer. More will come on these choice activities during the week of June 1.
- Schools principals have been sharing messages to parents and guardians regarding the distribution of items to return to students, as well as the collection of any school property.
- CISD elementary, middle and high school students returning to the district in the fall will keep their iPads at home with them this summer and do not need to return their district-issued device. If your child is not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please follow your school’s directives to turn in your child’s iPad to the CISD Service Center.
- If your child is graduating or not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please visit go.coppellisd.com/2020LunchBalanceForm to request a refund, donate your balance or transfer it to a sibling or friend. If your child is returning, your lunch balance will carry over to the next school year.
Thank you for your continued support of CISD.