CISD Calendar Remains Same for 2020-2021
The Coppell ISD School Calendar will remain as is for the 2020-2021 school year. During the June 8 Board Workshop, CISD Superintendent Dr. Brad Hunt and Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction Dr. Angie Applegate, Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services Kristen Streeter, Chief Operations Officer Dr. Greg Axelson and Chief Financial Officer Diana Sircar shared an update on COVID-19 Planning and the 2020-2021 School Year. This included:
- Sharing three draft/proposed plans for returning to school in August: Plan A — Possible Face to Face plan; Plan B — Possible Hybrid Model; and Plan C — Possible CISD Distance Learning. Details on these plans are available in the presentation shared at the meeting which is available at go.coppellisd.com/BoardWorshopJune8.
- Recommendations that the School Calendar for 2020-2021 remain as is with teachers returning on August 5, 2020, and the first day of school stays as Wednesday, August 12, 2020.
- An update on UIL and summer workouts and the phased return of students to these athletic workouts.
- Sharing of possible Child Nutrition operations for return to school.
- Bus transportation details, including bus pass registration and bus cleanliness.
- Custodial cleaning plans, disinfectant processes and new routines and cleaning routes.
Dr. Hunt also announced the creation of a CISD Return to School Task Force, which is working on a return to school plan for the district. In addition, CISD is asking its parents and guardians to complete a CISD Return to School Survey at go.coppellisd.com/ReturnSchoolSurvey by 5 p.m., June 15 to share their input on the return to school plan with the district.