CISD Return to School Update - Aug. 10, 2020
Dear CISD Families,
With our first day of school only a week away, we want to share a few brief updates with our families to help prepare for a successful first day of school on Monday, August 17:
- As a reminder, the first day of school for all students is Monday, August 17, and all students will be in distance learning. Those who chose in-person learning will do distance learning from August 17 to September 4, and will begin in-person on Tuesday, September 8, which will continue to October 9. Those who chose distance learning will have distance learning from August 17 to October 9.
- Middle and High School Schedules were released today (August 10) and instructions on how to access schedules are available at go.coppellisd.com/AccessScheduleInstr2020.
- Please follow instructions from your school on how to request a schedule change.
- Elementary Schools will share teacher assignments on Thursday, August 13. Elementary Meet the Teacher night is at 6 p.m. on August 13.
- Please visit your school PTO website for a list of school supplies. Our PTOs are reaching out directly to families who ordered supplies from them with school supplies pick up instructions.
- Video of our Facebook Live event held on Aug. 6 is available at go.coppellisd.com/Aug6FBLiveVideo.
- CISD has released a Commitment Form Breakdown by Campus as of August 8, 2020, which is available at go.coppellisd.com/Aug8CommitmentFormBreakdown.
- Reminder, the CISD Commitment Forms are due by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, August 12. If you do not fill out a commitment form by this deadline, it will be assumed that you have selected in-person learning for your child. Commitment forms are available at go.coppellisd.com/20-21commitmentform.
CISD has created robust Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Return to School operations at www.coppellisd.com/returntoschool and for Learning Plans at www.coppellisd.com/learningplans. If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.