CISD Return to School Update — Aug. 12, 2020
Dear CISD Families,
We are excited to welcome our students to the first day of school on Monday, August 17. As Monday approaches, we want to share some brief updates with our families:
- The CISD Commitment Forms are due by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, August 12. If you do not fill out a commitment form by this deadline, it will be assumed that you have selected in-person learning for your child. Commitment forms are available at go.coppellisd.com/20-21commitmentform.
- Elementary Schools will share teacher assignments by noon on Thursday, August 13. Elementary Meet the Teacher night is at 6 p.m. on August 13.
- CISD Child Nutrition will offer curbside meals while CISD is in distance learning Aug. 17 to Sept. 4 on Mondays-Thursdays. Visit go.coppellisd.com/curbsideAug20 for details.
- Bus routes will begin on the first day of in-person learning, which is Tuesday, Sept. 8. Those who committed to in person learning for the first grading period and indicated they would be riding the bus/need a bus pass and are eligible to ride the bus, will receive direct instructions via email by Friday, Aug. 21 on how to obtain a bus pass. Visit go.coppellisd.com/20buspassupdate for more information.
- CISD Technology is asking families to test their district issued devices to ensure they are working prior to the first day of school Aug. 17. For those who have issues with their devices, please submit a Help Desk ticket at www.coppellisd.com/helpdesk or call 214-496-6972. Visit go.coppellisd.com/technologytest for more information.
- Attendance for distance learning will use U.S. Central Time Zone and will be tracked daily based on:
- Data from Learning Management System (Schoology) showing progress made that day
- Curricular progress evidenced from educator/learner interactions made that day
- Completion and submission of assignments planned for that dayAttendance will be counted on the following day.
- For example, learning that occurs between 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m., Central Time Zone, on Aug. 19, will be counted on Aug. 20. Visit www.coppellisd.com/learningplans for details.
- Information about High School Extracurriculars (Athletics and Fine Arts) will be sent to high school families tomorrow (Aug. 13).
CISD has Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Return to School operations at www.coppellisd.com/returntoschool and for Learning Plans at www.coppellisd.com/learningplans. If you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com.