- Coppell Independent School District
GT Assessment Update for 2020-2021
Dear CISD Parents and Guardians,
The Texas Education Agency released guidance for Gifted and Talented Services for Texas students on August 24, 2020. Since the release of that guidance, the full text of which can be found https://tea.texas.gov/sites/default/files/covid/SY-20-21-GT-Guidance.pdf, the Coppell ISD Offices of Advanced Academics and Assessment have been collaborating to create our Gifted and Talented Assessment Plan for the 2020-2021 school year.
Our assessment plan, which was posted on the Gifted and Talented page of the CISD website on October 30, at https://go.coppellisd.com/GTAssessment has been crafted in order to address a heightened need for equity in the identification process between remote and in-person learners, while simultaneously meeting or exceeding the requirements of the Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented Students and holding true to the guiding principles of our Coppell ISD Gifted and Talented Services.
If you would like to learn more about the Gifted and Talented Assessment Plan for your child’s grade level, please select the appropriate link below.
- Kindergarten YouTube Video
- Kindergarten Presentation https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VAyhH25q463BIB4HeORZf0t4_ghLU-ZPTls3v5S6vnI/edit#slide=id.g9c212288cb_0_0 (without the video/voiceover)
- First Grade - Fourth Grade YouTube Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mVYEPc1IMk
- First Grade - Fourth Grade Presentation
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/114M6sN6pqyW3UnMBbHbnDqSjZO2_7O1kPiUH2cJc9mU/edit#slide=id.g9c212288cd_0_0 (without the video/voiceover)
- Fifth Grade YouTube Video
- Fifth Grade Presentation
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/14uBA2uEsZ_dO_kxTlV7zh22fECYFVHY6G2TIuUloF5Q/edit (without the video/voiceover)
- Sixth Grade - Ninth Grade YouTube Video
- Sixth - Ninth Grade Presentation
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1BnfBnLZQNQOldiDzsDZj3-ivBXjAowmBpsfqLbbGmI8/edit#slide=id.g9c212288d1_0_0 (without the video/voiceover)
- Tenth Grade - Twelfth Grade YouTube Video
- Tenth - Twelfth Grade Presentation
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1c6yHdSzTFmE6pUkbLEMMN0g9FvUDkx0_DaS80g1Ylv4/edit (without the video/voiceover)
We anticipate additional updates from the Texas Education Agency throughout the school year and we will post those updates on the appropriate page our district gifted and talented website, the main page of which can be found at go.coppellisd.com/GT.
Any questions or concerns may be address to Dr. Deana Dynis, Executive Director of Teaching and Learning at email@example.com.
Dr. Deana Dynis
Executive Director of Teaching and Learning