Winter Weather Update from the Superintendent
Dear CISD Families,
What a week this has been! I sincerely hope you and your loved ones are safe and secure. As the weather begins to warm, I want to share that our Facilities and Maintenance team is currently assessing and evaluating all of our campuses and buildings for potential damages from this extreme winter weather. Once we finish this assessment and determine if there is any potential impact to school or work in these buildings, we will communicate any decisions affecting our return to school to our community as soon as possible.
I want to take this time to thank our Facilities and Maintenance staff, who have worked around the clock all week to address weather related issues in our facilities.
CISD also has rescheduled many activities and events due to the winter weather this week. These include:
- Rescheduling the Feb. 22 Board Meeting to Thursday, Feb. 25 at 6 p.m.
- Extending the 9th grade course registration deadline to Thursday, Feb. 25
- The Credit by Exam (CBE) event scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 20, has been moved to Saturday, Feb. 27. More information will come on this next week.
- We are working to reschedule the choice elementary school Dual Language Immersion (DLI) information meeting, as well as the New Tech High @ Coppell information meetings, scheduled for this week. We will share information as these are rescheduled.
- Any campus specific events that are rescheduled will be communicated by the principal.
Please continue to check the CISD website at www.coppellisd.com for updates on events and additional information.
I know how hard this past week has been and continues to be on us all. Many in our CISD family have struggled with power outages, internet issues, boiling water and water conservation notices, damages to their homes due to frozen pipes, access to food and more hardships due to this extreme winter weather. We will get through these issues as we always do, together as a team.
Returning to school and work on Monday may be a beacon of hope for some, or the last thing on the minds of others. Regardless of your circumstances, I want you to know that CISD is here for our family and will support our educators, staff, students and families, and community however we can. We also will continue to communicate with you along the way.
Dr. Brad Hunt