CISD Trustees Approve Updated COVID-19 Mask Protocols Effective May 5, 2021
May 3, 2021
During the Board Workshop this evening, CISD Trustees voted to update the CISD 2020-2021 COVID-19 protocols. The following policy was approved at the May 3, 2021 Board Workshop, effective on Wednesday, May 5, 2021:
Every student, teacher, staff member, and visitor shall wear a mask or face shield over the nose and mouth when on school district property or at a district event wherever it is not feasible to maintain proper social distancing from another person not in the same household; provided, however, that this mask requirement does not apply to the following:
- Any elementary school student while participating in outdoor PE and recess;
- Any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a mask;
- Any person while the person is consuming food or drink, or is seated in a dining area to eat or drink;
- Any person while the person is actively exercising or engaging in physical activity;
- Any spectator or participant at an outdoor event or activity;
- Any student while actively participating in an activity where it is impractical to wear a mask or face shield; and
- During the period from June 1, 2021, to August 6, 2021, all CISD facilities would be mask optional, provided social distancing requirements are followed.
The district will update its Return to School guidelines at www.coppellisd.com/returntoschool to reflect this update to policy. Additional details on the 2021-2022 school year will be shared by the district soon.