- Coppell Independent School District
- District Announcements
Update from Coppell ISD March 15, 2020
March 15, 2020
Dear Coppell ISD Families,
I want to share another update with you about our school closure through March 20. First, please know, the language we have been using has been deliberate. We have not been referring to this school closure as an “extended Spring Break.” This closure is happening so we as a community can practice social distancing to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and is not an extended vacation. As for CISD employees, most will be working remotely next week, aside from those who will be needed to provide essential functions at our administrative level. As a reminder the central office buildings will be closed to the public. We are asking the public not to come to the Vonita White Administration Building, the CISD Service Center, the Brock Center or any of our schools or facilities.
We will continue to use email and our website as a means of communication. If you have specific questions, then please use the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. We are receiving an incredible volume of emails right now, and may not be able to respond to you individually or immediately, but please know your voice is being heard and your questions noted.
Coppell ISD will begin providing meals to our students beginning Tuesday, March 17. Look for details about how these meals will be distributed tomorrow. I want to thank our community for your offers to assist in this area. We believe we have what is necessary to provide and distribute these meals on a short-term basis. However, if we need additional resources or help, we will let you know.
Here are some additional updates for you:
- All CISD buildings are closed to the public during this school closure period through March 20.
- The district is cancelling all events, activities, performances, field trips, etc. through March 31, including the CISD Facilities Committee meeting scheduled on March 26 and Parent University event scheduled on March 28. This includes cancelling our Board Workshop on March 16. Our March 23 Board of Trustees meeting is yet to be determined.
- As we are closed for students March 16-20, we will not be providing a formal virtual curriculum next week. However, we will be sharing several educational resources and offering activities parents can use with their children while at home. Our educators will also be using this time to prepare intentional and consistent instruction for our learners should we need to close for students for a longer period.
- We are working on arrangements to allow our students to pick up their devices, including our middle or high school students who may have left their devices at school and our elementary learners who wish to take their school devices home. More information on this distribution process will be shared in a follow-up email early next week.
We know our community has additional questions about events beyond March 31 and other concerns. We hope you understand that this is a complex and evolving situation and decisions related to long-term issues are still being discussed. Many on our CISD team have been working diligently over Spring Break and will continue to work next week to provide updates and answers to you.
We appreciate your continued patience and support. Be on the lookout for another update by Monday evening. Also, we continue to update www.coppellisd.com/coronavirus for our families.
Dr. Brad Hunt