Board Approves Changes to the CISD 2021-2022 School Calendar
CISD Trustees approved changes to the district’s 2021-2022 school calendar during the Feb. 25 Board Meeting.
These changes are as follows:
- Changing the first day of school from August 11 to August 17, 2021.
- Change the start of school professional development days from August 4-9 to August 9-13, 2021 and moving the start date for educators from the first week of August to the second week of August and providing five professional development days instead of four to prepare for the school year.
- Change the workday from August 10 to August 16, 2021 to align with the professional development days.
- Add an early release on December 10, 2021 to allow for collaborative team time as the first semester is close to ending and in preparation for the second semester.
- Change January 3, 2022 from a holiday to a flex professional development day to meet the 187-day teacher contract requirement with training that takes place outside the regular work calendar.
- Change the professional development day from February 11 to February 18, 2022 and the bad weather day from February 14 to February 21, 2022 to align with Presidents’ Day.
- Change April 18 from a holiday to a flex professional development day to meet the 187-day teacher contract requirement with training that takes place outside the regular work calendar.
- Change the early release day and the last day of school from May 25 to May 27, 2022.
- Remove the May 28, 2022 flex professional development day
These changes keep the number of total staff days at 187, as required. They also change the number of student days from 176 to 174 while maintaining the required 75,600 minutes of instruction at elementary, middle, and high school levels.
For a revised copy of the 2021-2022 CISD calendar click here or visit www.coppellisd.com/approvedcalendars.