Visioning Community and Staff Feedback Forums April 4, 7, 11 and 14
Coppell ISD invites our community to share feedback on the CISD Visioning process during come and go sessions in April. These sessions are on:
- Monday, April 4, from 3 to 7 p.m. in the Board Room at the Vonita White Administration Building located at 200 South Denton Tap Road
- Thursday, April 7, from 8 a.m. to noon in the Large Group Instruction (LGI) room at CMS West located at 2701 Ranch Trail in Cypress Waters
- Monday, April 11 from 3 to 7 p.m. in the Large Group Instruction (LGI) room at CMS West located at 2701 Ranch Trail in Cypress Waters
- Thursday, April 14 from 8 a.m. to noon in the Board Room at the Vonita White Administration Building located at 200 South Denton Tap Road
The CISD community is encouraged to provide input on possible priority areas and statements, which were developed by teams as part of the district’s Visioning process. To review these priority areas and statements, visit go.coppellisd.com/visioningstatements.
This feedback opportunity is part of the work of the district’s Visioning Committee, which is a continuation of the district’s Strategic Design work and is helping outline the vision of CISD for the next five to ten years and beyond. The Strategic Design process defined the district and led to the development of the core values of redefining success, great teaching, authentic relationships and collective engagement. The Visioning process builds upon this work, and the work of the 2019-2020 Facilities Committee, to help CISD plan for the future.
Results of this feedback will be shared with the CISD Board of Trustees along with recommendations to move forward with Bond Committee work for the fall of 2022.
Possible Priority Areas/Statements
Core Values — Great Teaching and Authentic Relationships
- Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) and Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
We will evaluate current and future academic, social emotional and behavioral needs of our learners in order to align, design and implement structures for multi-tiered systems of support.
- Social Emotional/Mental Health and Counseling Needs
We will strengthen and sustain the current and future needs of social emotional/mental health and counseling and specifically focus on building and providing instructional resources, training opportunities and systematic data collection and evaluation processes.
- Multipurpose Building Facility
We will strengthen collaboration, communication and partnerships of district departments by purchasing or constructing a facility to create a common workplace environment, which also allows for space to provide professional learning for staff across the district.
Core Values — Great Teaching and Redefining Success
- Expansion of Pre-K Eligibility and Early Childhood Facility
We will strengthen, align, promote and grow our Early Childhood Program by expanding our PK eligibility and constructing an Early Childhood facility to house all of our Early Childhood learners and staff, which will allow a more holistic approach for our Early Childhood needs.
- Career and Technical Education
We will strengthen, align, promote and grow our CTE programs of study and create an intentional plan to review secondary facilities and identify possible needs for construction.
- Digital Devices/Tools for Learning — Learners and Staff
We will provide a long-range plan for purchasing and sustaining the digital devices/tools needed for learners and staff to utilize during instruction and to meet departmental needs throughout the district.
- Choice Programs (IB Program and New Tech Program)
We will strengthen, align, promote and grow our current choice programs of IB and New Tech High and look at vertical opportunities K-12 for instruction and partnerships.
Core Values — Redefining Success and Collective Engagement
- Athletics/Physical Education/Health Needs
We will strengthen, promote and grow our current athletic programs and find ways to expand our athletic offerings, physical education opportunities and health offerings for learners.
- Fine Arts Needs
We will strengthen, promote and grow our current fine arts programs and find ways to expand our fine arts offerings and facility needs to meet the growing number of participants in various activities.
- Languages Other Than English (LOTE) Needs
We will strengthen, promote and grow our current language programs and find ways to expand future offerings with partnerships with outside organizations.
- ADA Accessibility
We will evaluate current and future needs for ADA accessibility across the district and create an intentional plan for updating the specific needs found in our facilities and communication tools.