North News - August 21, 2020
We were very excited to welcome our students back this week! Thank you for your patience and grace. This week we focused on making connections and social and emotional learning. We will get into academics next week, so please have your student check their Schoology calendars for Zoom sessions and upcoming assignments. Also, please encourage your child to advocate for themselves as they have questions or need help. They can contact their teachers via Schoology or email. If you have specific questions about a class, please reach out the teacher, counselor, or assistant principal. In addition, I am available to help as well. We are all in this together!
We have been planning with our amazing North PTO to get some items to you. Please read the following information about our Drive Through/Pick Up Event.
Drive-Through Pick Up Event - Wednesday, August 26th
7:30 a.m - 8:30 a.m (Last Names A-L)
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m (Last Names M-Z)
5:00 p.m - 6:00 p.m. (Last Names A-Z)
Items for Pick-Up
- Starter School Supply Kit for Remote/Distance Learners ONLY
(This for families that purchased school supplies and selected distance learning for the first nine weeks.)
- P.E. Uniforms for Remote/Distance Learners Only
(This for families that purchased P.E. uniforms and selected distance learning for the first nine weeks. P.E. uniform pick up will be in the back loop.)
- PTO Spirit Wear Orders
(This is for families that purchased spirit wear.)
- PTO Cougar Pass Purchasers Lanyard/Mask Combo
(This is for families that purchased the Cougar Pass.)
- Art Supplies
(This is for students who are taking an art elective.)
Please attend the drive-through pick up event during the designated times as we are trying to allow for social distancing and avoid long wait times.
Please only attend the drive-through event if you have items to pick up. If you have purchased school supplies for your student and you selected in-person learning; you do not need to attend this event. Your student's school supplies will be distributed at school.
Finally, here a couple tips to make this event run smoothly:
- Please enter through the front loop as usual.
- Place a sign with your students first and last name in your car window or on your dashboard. Asking for names and the spelling of names is sure to slow things down.
- All students and parents must remain in your vehicles at all time.
- All staff and participants must adhere to the county's social distancing guidelines and avoid physical contact.