North News - September 4th
Monday is Labor Day and a school holiday! We hope you enjoy this time with your family. We are gearing up for some of our learners to return for in-person learning. Please read these important reminders for next week for both in-person and remote learning; as well as other campus and district information.
Preparing for September 8th
If you selected in-person learning on your CISD Commitment Form, your student may return to school on Tuesday, September 8th for in-person learning. Here is what you can expect:
- Masks/face coverings must be worn, covering the nose and mouth, when entering the building and must remain on during the day. There are exceptions for lunch and outdoor activities.
- Please have your student take a screenshot of their schedule from HAC. Here is a map of CMS North to help them find their classes. We will also have staff available at entries and hallways to assist students.
- Arrive on time. Early drop-offs are not allowed.
- Doors will be open at 7:30 and students will report to their first period class or to the cafeteria if they are having breakfast.
- Parents picking up students during the day will call ahead so that students can be sent or accompanied to parent vehicles upon arrival. Parents cannot enter building to pick up their child during the school day.
- There will be no lunch drop-offs or dropping off of items.
- Microwaves will not be provided in the cafeteria.
- Water fountains have been turned off. Please bring a reusable water bottle. Our water bottle dispensers will be turned on.
- Please review the CISD In-Person Back to School Checklist.
If you selected to remain in remote learning on your CISD Commitment Form, your student will continue logging into Schoology for remote learning. Here is what you can expect:
- Continue logging in to Schoology each morning to prepare for the day.
- Attend live Zoom sessions or recorded sessions provided by educators.
- Complete all tasks and assignments.
- Attendance requirements (as required by the TEA) will be documented by the interactions with educators and the engagement level with lessons and assignments within Schoology.
- Remote learning will follow the bell schedule.
- Students who are not available to engage in lessons and activities during the regular school day will have until 11:59 p.m. to complete assignments and tasks, and to be counted as present for the day.
- Technology help is available via the Help Desk: www.coppellisd.com/HelpDesk or by phone 214-496-6972.
- Please review the CISD Remote Learning Back to School Checklist.
Math 8 Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1 and Geometry Students
Parents and Guardians,
If your student is currently enrolled in Math 8 Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, or Geometry, they should have received communication from their Math teacher about calculator pick-up. Just a reminder that all virtual students that need to pick-up a calculator will do so on September 11th, according to the schedule below. If your learner will be returning to school on Tuesday for face-to-face instruction, they will receive their calculator in class. If your learner has not filled out the Calculator Check-Out Form for their teacher, please do so ASAP. These forms can be found in their course Schoology page. If you have any questions, please reach out to your child’s math teacher. Thank you!
Calculator Pick-Up Schedule for Virtual Learners on Friday, September 11th:
- 10:15-10:30 Geometry/Algebra Learners - Last Names A-K (BACK LOOP)
- 10:30-10:45 Geometry/Algebra Learners - Last Names L-Z (BACK LOOP)
- 10:15-10:30 Math 8 Learners - Last Names A-K (FRONT LOOP)
- 10:30-10:45 Math 8 Learners - Last Names L-Z (FRONT LOOP)
Have questions? E-mail Kelly Strey: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The Yearbook is NOT a part of the Cougar bundle that is ordered before school starts. This is a separate purchase made through and directly to Jostens.
Coppell Middle School North